COVID-19 Athletics Issues
North Haven High School's Fall 2020 Spectator Plan:
COVID-19 Athlete/Parent Screening Form
8/26/2020 - UPDATED CIAC Fall Sports Plan: https://www.casciac.org/fallplan/updated826v2.pdf
8/23/2020 -In alignment with positive discussions with the Connecticut Department of Public Health, the CIAC Board of Control voted at its Sunday meeting to restart conditioning for all fall sports. See link for more details: http://ciacsports.com/site/?p=14737
8/21/2020 - CIAC Update
Attached above is the most recent CIAC update regarding fall sports. Here are the essential points:
- (THIS WAS ON 8/21/20)Everything is still paused. There is to be no conditioning or any activity for any sport until you hear officially from me (once I hear from the CIAC)
- The CIAC is trying to get permission to resume summer conditioning programs as early as possible. Again, I will let you know once we have been cleared to resume conditioning activities.
- The CIAC has made the request to the DPH that all sports begin in cohort practices on Saturday, August 29th.
- We hope to have an answer about conditioning ASAP and about August 29th by Wednesday afternoon.
- Please let me know if you have any questions, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Athletics
8/14/2020 - CIAC has paused all sports activities, including all conditioning and OTA's (organized team activities) until Monday, August 24, 2020. For more information, please use the link:
8/12/2020 - CIAC decides to move forward with fall sports. http://ciacsports.com/site/?p=14682
8/11/2020 - CIAC Committee Recommends Postponing Football Season Until Spring
8/3/2020 - The CIAC has released its plan for a return to interscholastic athletics this fall. A point of emphasis throughout the development of this plan is the fluid nature of planning around COVID-19. Here is the CIAC Plan:
North Haven Public Schools and the North Haven Athletic Department will work within these recommendations to put forth a plan that is specific to North Haven's student-athletes and maintains the health and safety for all.