North Haven High School Volleyball
2023 Tryout Results
2023 Tryout Schedule
- SENIORS - White
- JUNIORS - Black
- SOPHOMORES - Red/Maroon
- FRESHMEN - Blue
- Forearm passing technique
- Setting technique
- Spiking technique
- Overhand serving technique
- Ball Control
- Fitness Assessment
In order to participate at tryouts, all athletes must receive an updated sports physical, register with FamilyID, and receive medical clearance from the high school nurse BEFORE the start of tryouts. If student athletes are not cleared by the high school nurse BEFORE the start of tryouts, they cannot participate. If you have any questions or issues, contact the NHHS nurse's office. Visit www.familyid.com to register or update your information.
Our volleyball program is driven by four foundational beliefs to which our student athletes are expected to know and buy into these ideas. These philosophies serve as the groundwork for us to continue to develop as a program, as a team, and for each of our players as individuals:
- TEAM first, individual second mentality.
- Play with SELF-DISCIPLINE. Let the ball decide.
- Choose and maintain a POSITIVE ATTITUDE.
- Be ACCOUNTABLE. Give 100%, 100% of the time.
- The number one philosophy of our program is the “TEAM first, individual second,” mentality. We believe that the team as a whole is greater than the individual; therefore, what is best for the team will always take precedence. We believe that if our student athletes learn the value and importance of selflessness, they have learned an invaluable life lesson. Our coaching staff is committed to teaching every athlete that personal decisions impact the team and ultimately, consequences for personal actions also come with consequences for the team.
- Playing competitive volleyball involves a great amount of SELF-DISCIPLINE. Athletes who possess self-discipline are able to make good decisions, take action, and execute the game plan regardless of any obstacles, difficulties, or discomforts that may come their way. We believe that if players learn self-discipline in the sport of volleyball, it will carry over to other aspects of their life.
- We believe that ATTITUDE is essential to success. Every day, we have the ability to choose our attitude in each and every situation. We will teach the importance of maintaining positive attitudes and body language and will demand it from every player. It is impossible to control everything in the game of volleyball and in life; however, we can always control our attitude and how we respond to a situation.
- Athletes who are ACCOUNTABLE to the team and to themselves ultimately create a competitive culture. Not only is it important to be accountable for yourself and your actions, it extends to holding your teammates accountable. We encourage our players to give 100%, 100% of the time as it is a critical piece to high level performance.