Middle School Boys' Soccer
Hello and Welcome to the NHMS Boys' Soccer web page! Check this site for updated information throughout the season.
**UPDATE**: This year, the boys' soccer program will begin tryouts on September 11th, 2023. Please Follow the steps below to ensure that your athlete will be able to try out on the first day. Athletes will change after school, they DO NOT need to go home and come back to the field.
**Tryouts will run until 4:30 PM**
1. Please be sure to have your student athlete registered on FamilyID and medically cleared in order to to be able to participate. Please have this done by SEPTEMBER 6th. Medical packets need to be submitted to the nurse before the first day of tryouts. The link to the website can be found on the athletics home page under "Tools for Parents,Coaches, and Athletes" or you can access it here with this link: FamilyID
2. Attached is also a letter from the nurse that ALL athletes should read and adhere to before the first day of the program.
3. Players must bring their own water, ball, and be in proper athletic attire when they arrive at the field.
List of what athletes will need for tryouts:
cleats, running shoes, ball, shin guards, gray and maroon shirt, water.
We are looking forward to a great season! BELOW is a list of what to expect for tryouts and some advice on how to prepare!
-Coach Mongillo and Coach Kirdzik
INFORMATION ON PREPARATION FOR TRYOUTS
1. All athletes should be prepared to run a timed 2 mile run on the first day of tryouts. The target time for all prospective players should be 14 minutes. Athletes should also prepare by trying to do various sets of pushups and sit-ups (4 sets of 10 push-ups, 4 sets of 20-25 sit-ups would be good preparation).
2. Athletes should also be sure to be routinely touching a soccer ball (drills for dribbling, shooting, etc.). They will be assessed on their technical skill on the ball, tactical skills/in-game situations, fitness, and "coachability" (following directions for drills/during sessions, respect for teammates, maintaining a positive and productive practice environment).